Monday, February 11, 2013

Familiar yet Foreign

Back in London for a little over 24 hours.

It's GREAT to be back!  But, it's also a bit strange...I'm staying in a hotel, not my home. I've thusfar interacted with people I didn't know when I lived here (ie new colleagues), and I'm staying & working in a part of town (Camden) that I barely spent half a day in when I lived here.

Oh, and Simon isn't here.  I don't know London without Simon; we met the 4th day after I arrived; on the flip side...Seattle without me now must be a bit odd for Simon.

Everything feels familiar, yet oddly foreign all at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Camden! I hear there's a great park nearby. With a hill or something. And trees...

    Simon had no trouble finding his way to the English pub a mile or so up Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of curiosity, what do you do? For work, I mean.

    ReplyDelete