Wednesday, October 12, 2011

It's Official..

...I am now officially a London Asshole.

I knocked into a guy today while I was rushing to the tube (as you do).  He apologized to me.  Not in the harsh, fake "I'm saying 'sorry', but really I'm saying 'f-you'" way that many Londoners do.  His apology was genuine.

The problem is:  I knocked into him, and didn't even bother to say sorry (real or fake).  Instead, I simply ignored him and kept plowing on.

I have officially become a London Asshole.

I guess my only saving grace is that unlike most Londoners (especially commuters in & around the tube), I do feel bad about it.  And... I guess in all fairness, this may not just be a London thing, but a big-city thing.   Or not.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's a big-city thing, but at least you feel remorse, and maybe this experience means the next time you will acknowledge that person. But you're not an asshole, you're a product of your environment, haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a big city thing. New York people act like that.

    ReplyDelete