Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Organ Donation in the UK-My PSA

I've been a registered organ donor in the US since I got my first drivers license at 16.  And, though I'd talked many a friend into becoming a registered donor in the US over the years, it never dawned on me until I saw a TV advert the other day that I wasn't registered in the UK-and if (heaven forbid), something should happen to me while living here, it's not like my body is going to be flown back to the US immediately-"Quick!  I'll bet she's registered to donate her organs in the US. We must get her back there!" Or something like that...

So, there was a TV advert on the past week.  A simple PSA to encourage people to go to the NHS Organ Donation website and sign up.  So I did.  It didn't even take 5 minutes.

You should do it to if you haven't already.

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! I never thought about that. I went straight on and registered in the UK as well. Thanks for highlighting this!

    ReplyDelete