Thursday, March 26, 2009

Single or Living with Domestic Partner

I know there's tons to catch up on regarding the move-and I'll get to that in a later post once I have internet at home and can upload photos of the new diggs-but, in the interim, there's this one little thing that just happened to me that I thought was worth a mention...

Being the marketing-geek that I am, I voluntarily take surveys with certain panels I've signed up to over the years. It's a good way to stay on top of trends and marketing research experiences.

I just took my first survey since Simon & I moved in together, and one of the classification questions really stumped me. It was regarding my Marital/Relationship status. Am I:
A. Single
B. Living with a Domestic Partner
C. Married....etc...

Well, yes, I am Single. And though technically, I am now living with a 'Domestic Partner,' part of me wanted to tell the survey people....'It's only been a few days! This is too much pressure. Can't I just be Single with an "*"?....'

I actually had to have a little debate with myself as to what I considered myself to be now.

In the end, I chose 'Living with a Domestic Partner'. Boy, I hope I didn't just invite bad karma...

No comments:

Post a Comment