Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Malaga

If Ikea is the equivalent of hell on earth, then surely Malaga must be the equivalent of heaven.

What a lovely place! Unfortunately, in my rush to get out the door, I forgot my camera-and apparently Simon doesn't own one. How is that possible?!?

It's a quaint beach town-but there's more to it than just the beach. The 'downtown' pedestrian shopping area is simply amazing. In fact, we never left this area to make it to the beach.

Our hotel was amazing-Simon found it all by himself. :)... http://www.hotelmolinalario.com/ingles/

Food was fantastic (the best Iberian ham and Manchego cheese), wine was AMAZING. I suggest Faustino VII (red) or Faustino V (blanco). YUM. Brands I've never heard of, but are apparently quite popular-and very inexpensive. I bought a bottle of the blanco in duty free on the way out for €4.60. Not too shabby.

And the weather? Perfect. 70s the entire time. Not too hot, not too cool. Just right. We sat outside for lunch on Saturday from 2p-ish to 4p-ish. Got sun, but didn't roast (or fry). Perfect.

Apparently, Malaga is like the British back yard, so there are frequently cheap flights/hotel deals to be had. Good. I'll definitely be going back before the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment